Cute And Easy Gymnastics Hairstyles [Top 5 That Many Loves]
Whether it is about going to a gymnastic party, walking the street, going for gymnastics practice, or attending a competition, female folks do care about their hair. As cheerleading takes a central stage in many schools across the United States, gymnasts and cheerleaders are often looking for ways to get good looks and effective hairstyles.
Of course, a gymnast needs to hold the hair together and away from the face to stay focused. Although, the rules that define acceptable hairstyles for gymnasts in the U.S are not so rigid. The best gymnasts are aware that hairstyles can sometimes mean the difference between winning and losing. For this reason, top performers try to keep their hairstyles simple and cute.
Some Points To Note Before Choosing Hairstyles
Choose a hairstyle that does not leave hair on your face. Apart from the hair in the face causing discomfort, it can also portray negative self-esteem to judges and audiences. It can also impede performance when it flies straight into the eyes.
Another point to note is that you may need to make some particular hairstyles more than twice before you can be able to tweak the hairstyle to match your look. It is true that the more a hairdo is repeated, the better it adapts to the looks of the person involved.
Most main hairstyles are derived from the bun, braids, and ponytails. Many gymnastic hairstyles are a creative combination from these 3.
Let's start with the bun. There are more than 50 different ways to make bun hairstyles.
1) The Streamlined Bun
This awesome hairstyle combines the ponytail and braid into a well-packed bun. Gymnasts can be confident that no strand of hair will stray once the bun has been successfully made.
Steps to take when making the streamlined bun
- 1Wet the hair with the bottle spray. This will moisturize the hair.
- 2Apply the mousse so hair can get tackier.
- 3Brush the hair till you get a high pony, then conclude this step by using the comb to smoothen the hair.
- 4Divide the fine ponytail in two (from the forehead down) and make each part into a braid.
- 5Hold shorter hairs in place by applying got2be glued gel evenly around the lower parts closer to the head.
- 6Wrap both braids around the ponytail and use the bobby pins to hold them together.
- 7Apply a single and even touch of got2be glued.
- 8Wrap the base of the bun with a scrunchie and add your preferred accessories if you wish.
- 9Finish the process by using your hairspray.
2) The Double Buns
The double buns hairstyle is very simple and can easily be used during Yoga exercises. Gymnasts should ensure the bun is well secured if the event requires more vigorous body movement.
Steps to take when making the double buns
- 1Straighten your hair with a brush.
- 2Divide the hair into two halves from the end.
- 3Spray each half with lightweight hairspray for easy grip.
- 4Twist the first half of the hair till it is firm enough and wrap it into a bun. Remember to hold the bun with the elastic tie.
- 5Repeat step 4 with the other half.
3) Easy Fold-Up Braids
The Fold-up braids bun hairstyle leaves no hair dangling by the sides. You can almost feel the balance of both sides of your head if you get it right. It relies heavily on bobby pins, so about 10 to 15 pins should be a generous quantity to hold the hair.
Steps to take when making Fold Up braids
- 1Start by dividing the hair from the middle and work your way down the head.
- 2Create a Dutch braid on each side and let them finish as simple braids.
- 3Let the tails of the two braids intersect. After that, let the left braid go higher and lie adjacent to the initial Dutch braid at the right.
- 4Use bobby pins to hold the braid in position.
- 5Just beneath where the initial Dutch braid meets the free braid, fold inwards starting from the end of the braid. Be sure that the ends of the braids are concealed and fasten them with bobby pins.
- 6Go to the other side and repeat steps 3 to 5. Be sure that the folds are of equal sizes from the front of the head.
- 7Apply hair spray and accessories.
Related Post That Might interest you
4) Dutch High Rise Ponytail
This hairstyle incorporates the Dutch braid and pancake into a firm ponytail style. It gives a more matured look and can be tweaked to give a younger look if some hairs are allowed to fall around the eyes.
Steps to take when making The dutch high rise ponytail
- 1Gather a sizeable quantity of hair around the front of the head to make a Dutch braid.
- 2Keep adding hair along both sides of the hair.
- 3Hold the hair loosely, reach behind and create a pancake with the elbow of your braids.
- 4Make the strands into a simple braid. Hold the braid in place using an elastic band.
- 5Gather the rest of the hair together with the braids into a ponytail and use the ponytail holder to hold the hair in place.
- 6You may adjust the pancaking in the Dutch braid to suit your style. You can also soften your look by pulling out a few strands of hair so that they fall on the sides of the face.
- 7You can conceal the ponytail holder with a hair wrap. Add hair spray and accessories as you require.
5) The Rope Braid
This everywoman hairstyle mimics the horsewhip. It is suitable for gymnastic activities where equipment does not have extensions that may hold down the hair.
Steps to take when making The Rope Braid
- 1With a decent hairbrush, pull your hair into a ponytail and use the elastic to grip the end.
- 2Reach for the ends of the ponytail and divide it into two equal parts.
- 3Twist each part round the other until there is no hair left to twist.
- 4Secure the twist using an elastic.
- 5Apply hair spray and keep every flying hair in the ponytail.
The gymnast's hairdo is as essential as her skills. During gymnastics meets, when the best performers meet, the role that an attractive and well-packed hairstyle plays in landing the winning point can be quite visible. Apart from boosting performance during events, these cute and easy gymnastics hairstyles can also improve everyday looks. A good look has many advantages to offer.
What about the time required to prepare for events? Making a cute but simple gymnastic hairstyle should help save time so gymnasts can have more practice before events. Finally, a simple but cute hairstyle can build your brand and attract more admirers or subscribers to it if you get creative with it.