A stroller is the most vital baby gear that is extensively used even as the baby starts walking. However, a stroller is a long-term investment and requires some good consideration before you go out and make the purchase. Furthermore, there are a lot many models to choose from, which can easily leave you confused. This article will help you learn the basic facts about strollers and the various things to consider before you go out and make a purchase.
Before you dive into selecting the strollers, it is important that you understand and get familiar with all the jargons. Due to the many different models of strollers, it is quite natural to confuse one for the other when you are not accustomed to it. For example, you may think that a carriage and a stroller are one and the same thing. It is true that they serve similar purposes. However, a stroller is the one where the baby faces you.
Similarly, a pram is the one where the baby can only be kept lying down. A pram does not have any room for the baby to stand up. A travel system stroller is the one which can be converted into a car seat for the baby while traveling. Then there are umbrella strollers, jogging strollers and many more. These have been discussed in detail in the later sections.
Top Stroller Brands & Reviews
Why Buy Strollers?
There are many reasons for buying a stroller. First of all, it offers assistance while your baby is learning how to work. Furthermore, strollers have a lot many features designed for the safety of the baby so that you do not have to constantly keep an eye on them. You can go about your errands as you leave the baby by themselves. Strollers are also very convenient during travels. Some of them are very lightweight and easy to transport. They can also be easily converted into car seats offering a comfortable space for the baby to sit in. Whether you have a rural or an urban lifestyle, strollers are equally convenient for all people with babies.
Which Stroller Should You Buy?
If you are confused about the various types of strollers available in the market, try considering the following things so as to make your purchase easier.
This is the first and foremost thing to look in a stroller. Make sure that it does not collapse while the child is still in it. A stroller should also be devoid of sharp protrusions, edges and open springs. Pick only those products have been marked safe by the JPMA or the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association. It is also important for the strollers to have strong harnesses that can keep the baby safely tugged in. In addition to this, a stroller with an adjustable seat can be more convenient as it offers comfortable room for the constantly growing baby.
The stroller should have efficient and easy to use brakes. Brakes that lock both the wheels at the same time are much more reliable. Some even hand operated brakes. Also, check if the handle height can be adjusted. The more comfortable you feel, the better control you can have over the stroller.
3. Other features
Strollers have features such canopies with UV protection to protect your baby from the natural elements. Some of them also have pouches where you can store diapers and a change of clothes for the baby. Always make it a point to choose strollers with removable and washable fabric as it facilitates the maintenance of better hygiene. Also look for features such as extra infant seats, riding boards, and basinets to increase the convenience.
Types of Strollers
- Standard strollers - These are the most common type of strollers with upright seats where the baby faces forward. The prices keep on increasing with the number of features.
- Car seat strollers ? These are lightweight strollers that can be converted into a car seat during travels.
- Travel strollers ? These have a heavier and stronger frame and come together with car seats. You can look up the Belecoo stroller review to find a suitable travel stroller. If you are constantly traveling, you can also select something from the category of the best double stroller for disney.
- Lightweight strollers ? These normally weigh less than 12 pounds and are highly adjustable. If you go through the Mima stroller review, you will easily come across a number of convenient, lightweight strollers.
- Jogging strollers ? These feature bicycle wheels and carry a light. These strollers are especially great for talking your baby out for a walk. Go through the Quinny moodd stroller review to look up the jogging strollers.
- Double and triple strollers ? These are designed for two or three babies. If you are looking for premium strollers of this type, it is advisable that you go through the Contours double stroller reviews. If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, check out the Zoe double stroller review and Baby trend sit and stand double stroller reviews.
Who Makes the Best Strollers?
The strollers come with various price tags depending on the manufacturing brand. Bugaboo and Peg Perego are some of the most expensive ones. However, if you go through the Peg perego double stroller review, you will easily understand that the features are every bit worth the price. If you are looking for a long-term investment, it is advisable that you go for premier brands. You can also go through the Thule urban glide review and Chicco cortina together double stroller reviews as they have some of the most premium products in the line.
Affordable and Premium Strollers Brand
A stroller can range anywhere in between $30 to $1,200. However, you do not always have to opt for the pricier models in order to get good features. There are many cheaper brands that sell strollers with the same features as that of premium brands. Some of these are Evenflo, Combi, Century, Kolcraft, Baby Trend and Graco.
Best Place to Buy Strollers
- Albee Baby