Finding The Best Dirt Bike For Your 12 Year Old [Top 4 Reviewed]
If your twelve-year-old has developed an interest in dirt bikes, you might be worried. Dirt biking is not like playing football or basketball. It requires the kids to have a real sense of speed and agility most children may not have at that age. However, if you want to make their wish come true, then finding a perfect model should be your main concern. But, how to do you find a suitable dirt bike for 12 year old?
Well, we have done our research and have compared some different models. Here are the best ones currently on the market that will keep your child safe and fulfilled.
Razor MX400 Dirt Rocket 24V Electric Toy Motocross Motorcycle Dirt Bike
| Dimension: 45.2 x 24.5 x 11.1 inches|
Weight Capacity: 140 lbs
Kuberg Freerider Electric Dirt Bike
| Dimension: 46 x 11 x 11 inches|
Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
Apollo Dirt Bike 250cc
| Dimension: 84.3 x 32.3 x 48.6 inches|
Weight Capacity: 396 lbs
Taotao DB17 Dirt Bike
| Dimension: 70 x 30 x 43 inches|
Weight Capacity:200 lbs
Top 4 Dirt Bike for 12 Year Old Reviewed
With Large Pneumatic Knobby Tires
This scaled-down bike is a fantastic option for children who wants to go fast, yet still stay safe and secure. It features a set of large knobby tires that are perfect for off-road riding. In addition, there is a hand operated rear brake, as well as dual suspension for extra support.
This dirt bike goes up to 12 miles per hour. It may not be the fastest one on the market, but your small rider will undoubtedly love it for his beginning dirt life.
Although they recommend it for ages 13 and up, it is one of those bikes that bigger 12-year-olds can ride. Furthermore, there are also adjustable handlebars for ease of use, and a valve stem that can light up.
Powerful yet Noiseless Electric Dirt Bike
This European-made kids dirt bike is an electric cross bike which can accommodate kids up to 12 years old. The motor it comes with is extremely powerful - 36V, 3,000-watt. However, if you think that it would cause too much noise, then you will be happy to hear that it is noiseless.
The tube frame is durable and made of powder-coated steel. In addition, the battery and the chain guard are fully covered.
Parents will also love this dirk bike because it comes with parental controls as well. You can adjust the three acceleration modes, as well as limit the top speed.
Best Dirt Bike with Great Traction Tires
If your child is brave enough and ready for a bigger bike, then this might be the right option for him. Although the company is not yet well-known, this is a reliable quality kids dirt bike with fantastic traction tires.
It is almost a full-size model, but your 12-year-old can easily ride it around the block.
Furthermore, the speed limit is about 80 mph, so it is not too fast for your offspring. However, it would still be a good idea to keep an eye on them while they are on it.
In addition to that, it comes partially assembled, so you would not have to fuss around it too much.
Great Dirt Bike For Beginners
If your child is new to the dirt biking world, then this Taotao model could be the right choice for him. It is a solid bargain because it doesn't make you break your budget. However, the quality is not cheap, and it can withstand many hours of use.
It features a powerful engine, and the manual clutch transmission comes with four speeds.
Furthermore, there are hydraulic brake discs in the front and the back, as well as a kick start.
The tank space can take up to 1.5 gallons, and the bike itself can withstand up to 200 pounds of weight.
Buying dirt bike for 12-year-olds is not an easy task. Therefore, before you go and buy the first one your child sets his eyes upon, here are some factors you should consider:
- Your Budget - It goes without saying that kids dirt bikes are not a cheap accessory. Because of that, you have to check the prices with various retailers and decide which one you can afford. In addition, make sure that you consider all the necessary future costs. For example, tire changing, general maintenance, and repainting.
- Level of Experience - If you are buying a dirt bike for an eager 12-year-old that has never ridden one, then it doesn't make sense buying the most expensive one. Before upgrading for a newer model, try cheaper ones instead, or those that are just for beginners.
- Size Matters - Before picking out just any kids dirt bike you can afford, you have to consider the size of it. If your child is on the smaller scale, then a bigger bike might be too much for him to handle. Therefore, you should adjust yours and his needs and preferences accordingly. If your kid loves to ride dirt bikes, it won't probably be the last one you'll get. Hence, try to pick the right size for them so that they can enjoy it more.
- Used Bikes - Although it might be tempting to buy your child a previously used bike, it might cost you more in the future. Used bikes typically need more repairs, and children are not very careful while they are still learning. Therefore, a new model would be more useful for your future dirt bike rider.
- Wheel Size - If your child is just a beginner, then it might be best to opt for smaller training wheels first. They are lighter and often easier to maneuver through quick turns. However, when it comes to stability, larger wheels are the best option. They are a bit heavier, but they are better at shock absorption. Nevertheless, before deciding on the wheel size, you should measure the height and the weight of your child. That way, you will see which bike fits them best, and if they can reach the ground with their boots on.
If you are on the lookout for a dirt bike for your 12 year old, then you have to do your research properly. Your child should feel safe at all times, but the bike shouldn't be something that will bore them and feel like they are just playing.
There are many factors to consider, and the prices are not something you should neglect. If your child is serious about dirt biking and would love to enjoy a faster but safe ride at the same time, then you should opt for Razor MX400 Dirt Rocket Electric Dirt Bike. This bike can hit a maximum speed up to 12 mph, and leave other dirt bikes in dust. All in all, it is specially built for off-road experience which makes it the most suitable choice for adventures-seeking kids.
Our #1 Dirt Bike For 12 Yr Old
On another note, you might also be interested to check out our lists of dirt bike for your 9 year old.